Re: [gardeners] Need Suggestions for Fair

Elizabeth (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 22:04:33 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_00B4_01C11F8C.F0788FC0

Spiders eat their webs?  Really?
Have you ever seen Birds and Blooms magazine?  They print all sorts of =
interesting tidbits in their side margins.  For instance, the June/July =
issue said that "Hummingbirds are native only to the Western =
Hemisphere," and "Mourning doves could be called 'morning' doves since =
they're most active between 7 and 9 a.m."

Elizabeth
tiarella@bellsouth.net
Zone 6, KY
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Terry King=20
  To: Gardens & Gardening ; Gardeners=20
  Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 5:10 PM
  Subject: [gardeners] Need Suggestions for Fair

  Hi All,

  I can really use some help.  Somehow or other (probably by opening my =
mouth
  during a moment of insanity :D )I became Superintendent of =
Floriculture at
  our small county fair that takes place during the Labor Day weekend.  =
I need
  suggestions for small informational posters that I can make to =
position
  through out the exhibit.  I'm looking for gardening tidbits pertaining =
  growing flowers (especially for cold climates).  Examples of what I'm
  looking for are:  Did you know that spider's eat their webs? or Did =
you know
  that thunderstorms fertilize your flowers?  Then I can add simple
  explanations for people who want more information.  Our state fair =
judges
  want simple information that grabs the attention but not too long or
  complicated that folks won't read the posters.  Anything that can be =
simply
  illustrated with a photo or simple drawing would be extra helpful.

  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

  Terry King
  E. WA.

------=_NextPart_000_00B4_01C11F8C.F0788FC0

Spiders eat their webs?  = Really?
Have you ever seen Birds and Blooms = magazine? =20 They print all sorts of interesting tidbits in their side margins.  = For=20 instance, the June/July issue said that "Hummingbirds are native only to = the=20 Western Hemisphere," and "Mourning doves could be called 'morning' = doves=20 since they're most active between 7 and 9 a.m."

Elizabeth
tiarella@bellsouth.net<= /DIV>
Zone 6, KY