[gardeners] More on Cherries

Janni (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 12:15:11 -0500

While in the market yesterday, I went to the fruit section to see if they
had grapes I like. The cherries, the yellow/pinkish ones I thought were
Queen Anne's are not. They call them Rainier cherries. So I decided to do
some cherry research. (my thing is researching on the web)! Anyhow, I found
Mount Rainier cherries, but they are red with an occasional splash of
yellow. Another place describes them as yellow with a red blush, which is
what mine look like. Another grower calls them just Rainier, and the
picture is exactly what mine are. The only reference I can find to Queen
Ann refers to Royal Ann. This has been educational for me!! Oh, BTW, the
Rainiers are 5.98 a pound. Heh! Bings are now 3.98 a pound. But then, I
live in the Ozarks where tiny artichokes are 1.99 a piece and tiny
avacadoes are 1.29+ a piece!!

Janni