Re: [gardeners] Miz Anne's Gator

Sat, 22 Sep 2001 09:05:43 -0500

It's a fund raiser for the Lake Charles, LA community orchestra. I think they raised about
$150,000.00 with the gators and the gators will be on display for the rest of this year. The
sponsors of the gators plunked down money for the concept and the finished product. The artists got
a $500.00 honorium to cover costs and a little profit. All had to be done in weatherproof paints
etc.

This is a gambling boat town, four of them tied up at the docks right now and another group expected
to start work on hotels/restaurants/boats at the end of next month. Lots of Texans come over for the
gambling and then look for other things to do. The gators are to lure them into the city proper
where we have very nice restaurants and such plus it gives the symphony and the artists some well
deserved publicity.

Miz Anne is well known in this area and a couple of places over in Texas for her art. She's just not
getting rich from it which is why we both still work. Maybe, if she dies before I do, I can sell a
lot of paintings. Just kidding, I would rather keep her around forever but, we do have a LOT of
paintings in this house.

George