Re: [gardeners] Our beautiful October garden

Martha Brown (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 09:15:05 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C153C7.8BC62320

Ron,

It sounds like the plant Penny was talking about is Castor Oil Plant or =
Castor Bean (Ricinus communis).  It is easily grown from seed and will =
reach 12 feet in one summer here in NW Ok.

Martha =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ron Hay=20
  To: gardeners@globalgarden.com=20
  Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 9:41 AM
  Subject: Re: [gardeners] Our beautiful October garden

  Good morning, Penny,

  What a delightful adventure in Gino's garden, and what a flight of
  fancy!

  It must have been an amazing sight to have seen some of his tropical
  goodies thriving in St. Louis. I wonder what the "c" plant could have
  been. Maybe cassava? It is poisonous and the root has to be soaked to
  leach the acids out of the tuber. Dunno.

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C153C7.8BC62320

Ron,

It sounds like the plant Penny was = talking about is=20 Castor Oil Plant or Castor Bean (Ricinus communis).  It is easily = grown=20 from seed and will reach 12 feet in one summer here in NW = Ok.

Martha