Re: [gardeners] seed starting yet?

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 09:11:22 -0700

At 09:39 AM 12/27/01 -0600, you wrote:
>I will start my spring planting seeds during the second week of January. I
>start them in peat pots
>in a tray and keep them on the shelves in my office under fluorescent
>lights, one daylight, one
>kitchen and bath. They get spritzed as soon as the tiny plants show with
>cold chamomile tea to ward
>off wilt and then bottom watered and fed until time to plant out in late
>February early March.
>
><snip>
>The starts are put into the greenhouse to harden off as I can open it up
>during the day and close
>the door and turn on the heater at night.
>George

George, you're using peat pots?  Cheeze!!!  And you think you know
somebody.  I hate those things.  If one gets the least bit dry, the pot
soaks up all the moisture and hardens.  Eeeuuuwww.  I have to harden off
plants by hauling them out of the greenhouse to expose them gradually to
direct sun and breezes.  Margaret L