Re: [gardeners] Re: Arctic chill

Janni (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:15:31 -0600

I am familiar with the Grapevine. I am from California. Last time I was on
the Grapevine was in 91 and it was slow going because of the snow. I saw on
the Weather Channel the other day, where they were interviewing people from
Santa Cruz (where I lived for 10 years prior to coming to MO) and it had
snowed there. All the people interviewed said that was the first snow ever,
that they could remember. Well, I am here to tell ya, it snowed almost 2
inches on Feb 12 (or 14th, since my date memory is old) 1976. Kids were all
delighted, since no one there knew about motivating in the snow and the
schools were closed. LOL

I hale from Orange County and the nearest snow we ever had was Big Bear. I
have pictures of the family up there in the snow, in our shorts!!!

This weather sure is crazy! Global warming? La Nina? The upcoming El Nino?
Or just Mother Nature's way of letting us know we can't really know what
the weather is going to do? Oh oh oh, I can't believe that Ground Hog Day
is here already!!!

Janni