Re: [gardeners] Iceland poppies

Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:50:30 -0500

In my USDA zone 9b garden we drop extra seed in September and the plants start growing in January
and are generally gone by May. Ours have about quit blooming but they are common poppies not the
Iceland variety. We also allow them to readily reseed.

Our front annual garden is really a perennial garden now. First the pansies, violas, and violets
come up and start blooming, followed by the poppies and, in succession, the torenia comes up and
blooms through the summer. Pull a few weeds, pick a few bugs and still have lovely flowers most of
the year.

George