[gardeners] middle eastern yoghurt

Shantihhh@aol.com (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 10 May 2002 00:12:59 EDT

--part1_4d.1de55e46.2a0ca2cb_boundary

You can make it yourself if you can't find it at a Middle Eastern Market.
You use buttermilk with some plain yoghurt.  Leave sit for 24 hours, drain in
cheesecloth, then place in refrigerator.  In Lebanon they call it Labni.  It
is so thick and nice.  In Greece they eat it with nuts and honey.  I like it
with drizzled olive oil and pita bread, kalamata olives, some cucumbers.

If you have a Trader Joe's their Yoghurt is excellent.  The best is made with
Goat's milk or Sheep milk.

The process is the same to make Indian Curd.

Mary-Anne

Subject: [gardeners] Yogurt question