Re: [gardeners] Weekend in the garden

Mon, 13 May 2002 13:14:27 -0500

You know, I have no idea. I've never even seen a bloom. Just one day you look up and there's baby
figs on the thing. It's an old Brown Turkey fig grown from a rooted seedling a neighbor gave us
years ago. The only insects I've ever seen around the tree are wasps and I think they're just eating
nectar out of the end of a ripe fig. What does a fig blossom look like anyway?

Shoot, I just found out a couple of years ago that my sassafras tree blooms in the spring and has
tiny fruit that the birds just love. Been around fig and sassafras trees all my life too.

George, feeling pretty dumb now