Re: [gardeners] Re: Sunflowers

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 20:07:25 -0500

Is your house possibly reflecting the sunlight? They will follow the brightest light.

My youngest did a science fair experiment in junior high that involved potted sunflowers and sun
lamps. He finally had one plant that turned 360 degrees.

When we had the two acres of them it was neat to watch them follow the sun across the sky. The field
was oriented east/west and the sunflowers started facing the SE right after dawn and slowly worked
their way to the SW by sunset.

George