Re: [gardeners] Shrubs in drought

Dan Dixon (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:21:57 -0500

Margaret Lauterbach at melauter@earthlink.net wrote:

> I was doing my perpetual thing, trying to clean my office, when I ran
> across a flyer from Wilt-Pruf.  I hadn't thought of it as protection
> against drought, but that's one of their claims.  Use it on rhodies or
> similar broadleafed-shrubs, and it would reduce transpiration.  Has anyone
> tried it?  With what results?  TIA, Margaret L

Once when I had a broken boxwood limb I was trying to mend Kay Lancaster
recommended the stuff to slow drying out. I never used it but my guess is it
probably works well (on woody plants anyway) or Kay woudn't have recommended
it, knowing her. From what I remember the stuff is sort of a watered down
pine resin.

Dan Dixon