Re: [gardeners] Putting it by

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:01:39 -0500

Nope, green beans will get mildewed with as much rain as we've been having but the southern peas are
not as heavily foliaged and are up off the ground in the main. Major problem with them is the
blooming fire ants, they seem to like the sap of the vines and the pea pods and, if you're not
careful, you can end up with ant bites all over your fingers. If we don't get any sun for several
days then the peas will start to grow grey fuzzy stuff.

George

snip