Re: [gardeners] Re: typhoon in the garden

Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:04:48 -0500

Bear in mind that we've only lived in this house for 12 years and it was occcupied for 16 years by
other folk, who by the state of the house when we bought it, weren't that clean. We thought the
walls were pale yellow but it was nicotine stains as the entire family of four smoked. Not to
mention the elderly dog that was incontinent. We had the carpets steam cleaned twice before we moved
in and then done again a year later when we moved out for several months while we worked in Yemen.

We're going to start taking the cheesy paneling out of the family room next. I'm going to put up
drywall and then have a professional come in to tape and float it and then we will paint. Can't take
the panelling out this week, our kids are coming Friday for the weekend and the babies would get
into something for sure. Bought a type of wallpaper at Home Depot the other day that is designed to
glue over panelling and then be painted. I had been looking for a way to paint the panelling in the
kitchen and hallway without having those grooves in it. My entire Social Security check seems to be
going to Home Depot these days. <VBG>

George