Re: [gardeners] chipper/shredder

Sun, 15 Sep 2002 21:39:30 -0500

We used a WWW hammer/blade chipper/shredder for about 10 years back in
the sixties with great success. It would shred the leaves up pretty good
as it had a plate that held them back until they were pretty well cut
up. With the plate removed it would chip limbs up to 4 inches in
diameter. Never had a problem with dry leaves gumming it up but wet,
clumped together leaves often would. This machine had a 5 hp gasoline
motor so was well powered. My next door neighbor has an MTV shredder
that seems to work well but I don't know what's inside it. Do know it is
gasoline powered though. HTH

George