Re: [gardeners] "mosquito dunks"

M T (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 20:30:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Penny,

 Glad to help! Hope you didn't get flooded out!

 We needed to learn about the mosquitos. We took a typical small
suburban back yard and turned it into a mosquito haven. :-(
 The cute little barrel fountains breed them like flies without the
rosy red minnows to eat the larvae.
 Replacing the weedy grass with all the lush plantings makes perfect
hiding places for them.
 Don't know if it's accurate, but I read somewhere that mosquitos only
need a teaspoon of water and a weeks time to produce another one.
 We are usually done with them by early November, but a nice week of
warm weather in January will bring them back out.

Matt in Norfolk, Va. USDA zone 8