Re: [gardeners] gardeners Digest V2 #1503

Donna Newton (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 21:43:18 -0700

On 10/2/02 9:05 PM, "gardeners Digest"
<owner-gardeners-digest@globalgarden.com> wrote:

> I agree with Harry. Time to get out of Dodge. Lili is now a strong category
> 3. I have a friend on the north shore of Lake Ponchatrain who usually rides
> out these things -- but he says he won't try a strong category 3.
> Particularly since it appears he'll be in the northeastern quadrant.

I was a teenager and my father worked as a glazier, so he had to stay in
town to help board up windows. My mother and sister and I stayed in our home
in the Houston area. It all seemed so festive to me at the time, but now I
see that it was unwise. I wouldn't weather one, but my sister is doing so
this weekend.

Donna