Re: [gardeners] Getting ready already

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 08:28:51 -0600

Miz Anne and I will be married 42 years on December 26, 2002. I first
met her in June of 1958, I was 19 and she was barely 18. My heart turned
over three or four times and I told her I was going to marry her. Her
response was, "Yeah!" 2.5 years later we were married, mostly it has
been good but we have had our ups and downs, usually because of my
stubborness. I wouldn't swap her for all the tall, willowy, models in
the world as she is the goddess of my world.

Yesterday we had all of our descendants gathered around us and Miz Anne
had a smile big enough to light the world. I had to leave the room for a
little while as I was overcome with emotion and the babies don't
understand that Grandpa cries for happiness and not sadness. I certainly
hope I live long enough for the two of us to reach 60 years of marriage.
Jimmie just doesn't know how lucky he is to have you.

George