Re: [gardeners] Wildfires

Marc Winterburn (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 17:16:43 +0800

Thankyou friends, I am most appreciative. The shock has dissipated and a bit
of despair has set in as we wander around looking at the devastation. We
will rebuild, the kids are my inspiration, my 3 yr old just said "oh well
daddy you can grow anything , just plant them again." Can you build me  a
new cubby house?
I am inspired and positive again. Isn't it amazing how the young and
innocent only see the positives.
Thankyou all again, I will do my best to repay your kindness.
We just had an amazing show of goodwill, one of our basket ball heroes from
the Perth Wildcats just rang me and offered furniture and kitchen
appliances, toys and clothes which we will pick up tomorrow and deliver to
Beth, a lady directly next door who lost everything when her house was
destroyed. She is a single mum with 6 kids so it was a great feeling to help
her and with the added bonus of meeting one of my favorite basketball
players. His wife has promised free tickets to a game. He and Luc Longley
own the Wildcats team. Luc Longley played for the Chicago Bulls for the
Great era of 4 championships with M Jordan.
An exciting day all round.
Paula ( my wife), myself and the two youngest kids are very seriously
looking at coming to the good old US of A in your spring or summer next year
2003. A sort of business trip to look for chilli seeds. I hope to meet as
many of you as I possibly can.
Thankyou to you George, You are a generous man. Carol has been really great
as well.
Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year to you all.
Kind Regards
Marc Winterburn
Dial 0 only in Australia
+61 (0) 8 9575 1012