Re: [gardeners] Annual rainfall

Sun, 05 Jan 2003 21:26:08 -0600

Geologists tell me it's about 2000 feet straight down before you hit
rock. Don't know if that's true or not but heavy rains are usually
soaked in, flowed downstream and gone by the day after. I've seen 21
inches fall in one day during a tropical storm and was amazed at how
fast it drains. Of course everything here is planned for big rains, our
storm ditches flowing to the river are big as some small rivers out
west, 60-80 feet across and at least that deep, all cemented in of
course.

I really prefer a dryer climate but this is where we make our living.

George