RE: [gardeners] Re: Hello! and West Australia report.

lneuru (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 11:57:27 -0500

Investigate orthopedic pillows, the ones which have a curve for your head
and take the pressure off you neck - it works its way down, eventually:  I
find all of life's trials eventually become pains in the arse.  The other
thing which helps us is a feather bed - here in Canada one can get a feather
topper 2-3 inches thick and it moulds to one's body, taking the stress of
adjusting to a hard/soft/lumpy/whatever mattress off one's back.  It's also
warmer, but I guess that's not an issue down there.  I don't remove it for
summer and we don't find it hot, BTW.  Best of luck,  Lucinda

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of Marc Winterburn
Sent: 04 February, 2003 1:44
To: pennyx1@juno.com
Cc: gardeners@globalgarden.com
Subject: [gardeners] Re: Hello! and West Australia report.

Hi Penny and every one.  Thanks for the thoughts.It sure is busy here at the
moment.
I took delivery of 35 tonnes of chicken poo that has been composted with
brewery waste. I also got 1.3 tonnes of sheep dag pellets ( Sabrina Hahn's
Sheep Dags, More than just sheep poo!) to help build up the soil. I am also
using fish/seaweed and soil microbes to reestablish the floriculture in my
soil.      Check out the products I am using on this site.
http://www.ecogrowth.com.au/
 I have at the moment approx 5000 plant a mix of Zucchinis, basil , lettuce
, various capsicums ( Sweet Bell Peppers)  and melons oh and of course
chilies ready to plant. A lot of the plants were donated by a nursery some
350 kms away after they heard of my plight.
They would normally have thrown them out but decided to gift them to me to
help me out.
 The weather is pretty much just hot with a couple of cooler days thrown in.
We did get a smattering of rain on Sunday but although Perth had a really
heavy down pour 1" in total we only got a trace.
I am getting a little 16hp 4wd tractor with a range of implements  with it
so that should make life a lot easier. I am also looking at becoming the
agent for a local wildflower packaging company that packages small
mounts( home garden)
They have a huge range and I do love my wildflowers.
If anyone would like some WA wildflowers let me know and I can see what I
can do. Check the  West Australian wild flowers out on google of similar.
West Oz is world renowned for its native spring displays.
I go into hospital at months end to have the first of my carpel tunnel
operations then the second some six weeks later. After they are done with
they can then hopefully find whereabouts my back pain is coming from. It
makes life very hard when you cant walk for a couple of hours in the
mornings. I have to swallow a few painkillers and wait a while and then I
can function. I broke my back in 1983 and it has been relatively well
behaved up until last winter when it went again. It hasn't come right since.
Must away more work to do, keep up the good work everyone.
Kind regards
Marc Winterburn
The Oz Chilli Man