Re: Re: [gardeners] West Oz Weather

Marc Winterburn (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 22:48:34 +0800

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C2E9B2.AD68C410

Sorry, I went to bed, it was 1am, No we just cant afford an =
aicoditioner. The nights are really hot, about 25 degrees Celsius.
but we only have another 2-3 months of hot weather before the rains =
arrive.
We live in a relatively quiet area. it takes at least 40 minutes to hit =
real population. The first town on the way to Perth is Muchea (one =
general store come post office) about 20 minutes away, then Wanneroo =
another 20 minutes, then you are into the suburbs with another 20-30 =
minutes into the city depending on traffic.
 We are nearly out of water and will have to get a few truckloads on the =
weekend.

Kind Regardsgardeners@globalgarden.com <gardeners@globalgarden.com>
Marc Winterburn

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: GizmoAZ=20
  To: gardeners@globalgarden.com=20
  Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 1:02 AM
  Subject: Re: Re: [gardeners] West Oz Weather

  Are the nights cool?  That is why you do not have evap or air =
conditioning?

  I have been down to Tombstone, Arizona, and absolutely love it there.  =
Most have no air, and only use evap during the day.  Beautiful climate, =
much nicer than metro-Phoenix.  Although, don't get me wrong, I love the =
climate here too.  It's just the population explosion that is driving me =
nuts.  Phoenix is now the fastest growing city in the United States.  =
Ugggg! :(

  When I moved out here 10 years ago, I could drive 11 miles from =
interstate 10 to my house, with a scattering of farm houses here and =
there, a pleasant drive on a 2 lane country road.  Now there are =
subdivisions all the way up and down that stretch.  Coffeeshops, Grocery =
Stores, Walmart, Gas Stations.  It hardly seems possible that it =
happened as quickly as it did.  I'm thinking move to Tombstone when you =
retire, but I fear by then it will be just as bad there as it is here =
now.  They do get one snow a year.  Do you think that is enough to keep =
people from moving there ;)

  Chat with you later,
  Alan
  --=20
  Chandler, Arizona        Sunset Zone: 13
  http://www.GardenersCorner.com
  -----
  Alan Zelhart      =20
  gizmoaz@cox.net
  Gardens Co-listowner
  http://www.gardenerscorner.com/notes.html
  -----
    I tried sniffing Coke once, but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose
  >=20
  > From: Ron Hay <ronhay@pacbell.net>
  > Date: 2003/03/12 Wed AM 10:47:36 EST
  > To: gardeners@globalgarden.com
  > Subject: Re: [gardeners] West Oz Weather
  >=20
  >=20
  > Hello, again,
  >=20
  > Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Even though we live in Los =
Angeles, we are inland, cut off from the sea breezes by the Santa Monica =
Mountains, with the result that we are often 30 degrees F. warmer than =
on the immeidate coast, and often 15 degrees or more warmer than =
downtown Los Angeles, at the Civic Center.
  >=20
  > After such a heat wave, at anywhere from 105 degrees to 109 degrees =
F, which is extreme for  us, it takes days for the house to cool down. =
Sometimes in the morning, after having left all the windows open all =
night, it is still over 80 degrees F inside the house.
  >=20
  > And as for the veggies and garden plants, since that is NOT our =
rainy season, they must be cared for with regular irrigation/watering.
  >=20
  > Ron
  >=20
  >=20

-----

  Hello, again,

  Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Even though we live in Los Angeles, =
we are inland, cut off from the sea breezes by the Santa Monica =
Mountains, with the result that we are often 30 degrees F. warmer than =
on the immeidate coast, and often 15 degrees or more warmer than =
downtown Los Angeles, at the Civic Center.

  After such a heat wave, at anywhere from 105 degrees to 109 degrees F, =
which is extreme for  us, it takes days for the house to cool down. =
Sometimes in the morning, after having left all the windows open all =
night, it is still over 80 degrees F inside the house.

  And as for the veggies and garden plants, since that is NOT our rainy =
season, they must be cared for with regular irrigation/watering.

  Ron

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C2E9B2.AD68C410

Sorry, I went to bed, it was 1am, No we = just cant=20 afford an aicoditioner. The nights are really hot, about 25 degrees=20 Celsius.
but we only have another 2-3 months of = hot weather=20 before the rains arrive.
We live in a relatively quiet area. it = takes at=20 least 40 minutes to hit real population. The first town on the way = to Perth=20 is Muchea (one general store come post office) about 20 minutes = away, then=20 Wanneroo another 20 minutes, then you are into the suburbs with another = 20-30=20 minutes into the city depending on traffic.
 We are nearly out of water and = will have to=20 get a few truckloads on the weekend.

Kind Regardsgardeners@global= garden.com=20 <gardeners@globalgarden.com= >
Marc=20 Winterburn