Re: [gardeners] gas guzzlers

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 08:12:49 -0600

More likely 1973 Penny, time of the Arab oil embargo. It didn't hit us
in the oil producing states as bad as it did y'all. We didn't have huge
lines at gas stations and there was plenty to be had as we had 5 major
refineries in the part of Texas we lived in then. In addition there was
about 2 million gallons of regular gasoline (remember leaded gas?)in
tanks in our plant and lots of 5 gallon cans to put it in. <VBG>

I think the answer was that your car uses less gas idling than it does
starting and stopping. Something about that from an old Popular
Mechanics seems to be hanging back there in my fuzzy memory.

Today is the good old days for me, I love living in the present but
don't want to forget the past.

George