[gardeners] New Dog

Wendy Van Camp (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:35:20 -0800

Sandy sounds adorable.  I hope she makes a good home with you and your
other dog.  I've recently adopted a dog from a shelter too.  She is a
little aussie Shepard.  Libby was very shy and quiet in the shelter when
I first saw her.  I was not sure if she had any intelligence or what her
personality would be.

Taking her home from the shelter, I had placed a large, soft comforter
into the front seat and the little dog just sank into that softness for
the long ride home.  She alternately slept or just looked up at me with
such joy, I was very surprised.  I think that we bonded in that 2 hour
drive home.  I suppose a comforter is much more comfortable than being
in a little cement pen surrounded by chickenwire!

She has proven to be a feisty and intelligent watch dog!  She played
ball without any training, loves to sit and watch over the property with
diligence and is very loving and gentle.  I put the car comforter into a
wicker dog bed and it is her favorite place to snuggle up and sleep.
About the only drawback is that she loves to eat plants...especially my
rose blooms!!!  But we are working on that. LOL  She is young and just
needs some training. :)

Happy gardening all. :)

--
Wendy Van Camp
wvancamp @ earthlink.net

Just
> blows me away.  I've also discovered that she can sit and shake.
We'll
> have to try ball throwing next.  See if she can catch.  It's too dark
> take pictures now.  Hope to get some tomorrow so I can share her with
you.

> - --
> Chat with you later...
> Alan
> - -----
> Chandler, Arizona        Sunset Zone: 13
> http://www.GardenersCorner.com
> - -----
> Alan Zelhart
> gizmoaz@cox.net
> Gardens Co-listowner
> http://www.gardenerscorner.com/notes.html
> - -----
>  Jumbo shrimp = oxymoron

> Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:23:53 -0600
> From: Jann <linncrk@access2k1.net>
> Subject: Re: [gardeners] New Family Member....
>
> Good for you!!! That is absolutely wonderful!!! Our shelter has a
no-kill
> policy, which is nice. I have rescued four dogs the last three years.
And

"gardeners-digest-request@globalgarden.com".