Re: [gardeners] gardeners Digest V2 #1628

Sat, 12 Apr 2003 08:40:50 -0500

My little lady would not be so coarse. Why, she even hikes her right
rear leg so the foot won't get wet while she's at her business. B-) She
also has a couple of rituals we have to go through each night. As soon
as I get out of the shower and get my jammies on she is waiting on the
bed. I have to sweet talk her and let her give me a kiss or two and then
she goes to the back door and waits for me to go "OUT" with her. It's
very important evidently as she will grump at me if I don't do it right
away. She goes out, wets, sniffs all over the yard to ensure no one has
sneaked in and marked her spots, then goes to the drive gate and sniffs
both posts for the same reason and then is ready to go back in the
house. If she needs to go out later she just goes through the dog door
and comes back when she's ready. I think this ritual dates to when I was
toilet training her when she was a pup and always took her out first
thing in the morning and last thing at night. Dogs are strange people
with their rituals.

George