Re: [gardeners] Sunday in the Rehab Center

M T (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:50:56 -0700 (PDT)

WELCOME BACK!!!

 We missed you! Glad to hear Jimmy is beginning his recovery well.

 From everything you have told us about him over the years, I'm sure
his determination will make the recovery as rapid as possible!

 It is good to see you again. <BG> Wish Jim well from us!

Matt in Norfolk, Virginia

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 23:50:58 -0400
From: pennyx1@juno.com
Subject: Re: [gardeners] Sunday in the Rehab Center

First message I have posted in a month or two since Jimmie's fall down
the cellar stairs on April 28th. There was a broken bone in his neck,
and the operation was on June 4th.

Yesterday I watched as Jim took his first FOUR STEPS with a walker
without
anyone holding him ...  and today he showed me the first signs of life
in
his
left arm:  up till now, if he bent that arm at the elbow with his other
hand,
and then let go, it would fall instantly into his lap. Today he was
able
bend the arm upwards, and then control the fall for 10 SECONDS. . .!

A lot of people must have been praying for him. His determination and
your
good vibes are finally bearing fruit. We both thank you from our
hearts.

Penny, NY