Re: [gardeners] Sadness in the Monday garden

Martha Brown (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:05:41 -0500

George,

"Borrow" a pair of "knee hi" stockings from Miz Anne to slip over your hands
and arms while picking the pricklies.  Or if she doesn't use them go buy
yourself a pair.  The less sheer the better for this use.  Use over and over
just rinse and hang to dry then be sure to put them on the "same side out"
just to be sure.  One pair should last all season and then you can cut them
up for plant ties.

Martha

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Shirley" <gshirl@bellsouth.net>
To: "Gardeners List" <gardeners@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 9:37 AM
Subject: [gardeners] Sadness in the Monday garden

Miz Anne left this morning to fly up to Maryland to visit her Mom.
Sleepy Dawg is already hanging around the front windows looking for her
but I'm not missing her yet. Sort of peaceful around her without her
bustling around. She didn't mow the yard before she left so I guess I'm
going to have to do that job. <VBG>

She will return on the 27th so it won't be long to wait.

Wish she had picked the cukes, squash, and eggplant before she left. I
think I'm getting allergic to the pricklies on their leaves as I break
out in a rash anywhere I touch them. It's gone in an hour or so but sure
bugs me while it's there. Anyone else ever experience this?

George