Re: [tomato] Tomato Digest V1 #34

vestige@earthlink.net
Sat, 21 Jun 97 17:13:24 -0800

>Tomato Digest Friday, June 20 1997 Volume 01 : Number 034
>

>In this issue:
>
> Re: [tomato] my first ripe fruit
>
>See the end of the digest for information on subscribing to the tomato
>or tomato-digest mailing lists and on how to retrieve back issues.

>Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 23:54:40 +0000
>From: "Catharine Vinson" <cvinson@cris.com>
>Subject: Re: [tomato] my first ripe fruit
>
>> Picked and ate some Imur Prior Beta this past weekend. Somehow the
>> deer didn't get to these fruits so they had a chance to ripen. Flavor is
>> OK, not great.
>>
>> How are the other early tomatoes coming along?
>
>Within the next couple of weeks, I should be eating fruit from 40+ more
>varieties. Second batch of transplants of other varieties I'm trying this
>year will go in ground in 2 weeks.

I don't have that many to chose from but I have literally dozens of
clusters on my three tomato plants which this year for the first time
have reached about 7 feet in height but I had to cut them back a bit
because they were becoming unmanageable in my postage stamp size plot.
the only thing that's changed is that I threw a spoonfull of Osmocote
under them on planting and we've had some cool weather up untill about 3
- 4 weeks ago. (So. Cal cool that is!!)
The lemon boys are delicious and were a real hit with a friends 3 year
old, (have to keep him away from them I think!)

Since I'm going to have more than we'll be able to eat in one go does any
one have any suggestions on how to sundry them. I saw an article in a
gardening mag once but don't know which, seem to remember it looks easy.

Ah well, back to hornworm catching.

Tracey