[tomato] Calcium

Paul Lasakow (lasakow@exis.net)
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 12:46:01 -0400

Try powdered milk, finely crushed egg shells or bone meal for calcium. If I
were in your shoes I would probably try the milk first since you need to get
the nutrient to the plant quickly. Perhaps soaking the crushed shells then
watering with the solution would work as well. Next year, bury shells or
bone meal in the hole under the plant when setting out the plants in spring.
If you're so inclined, here's also chemical sprays you can buy at garden
centers that are supposed to take care of this kind of thing. I don't
advocate using synthetic chemicals, but I find it to be a preferable
alternative to no tomatoes at all.

Paul & Kathy Lasakow
Lasakow@exis.net
Norfolk, Virginia

"One-fifth of the People are against everything all of the time".
-Robert Kennedy