Re: [tomato] Tomato Digest V1 #154

Byron.Bromley (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 14:02:03 -0500

Chuck

I'm with you also, Tried a whole bunch of stuff in the past 50 years.
The best thing I ever did was to throw away Miricale Gro, Tomato Gro
and Rapid Grow, and a bunch of other stuff; and use a 5-20-20 and a
couple shovels full of aged horsemanure, and No mulches. Last year
the weather was lousy here, but 2 years ago I had a large number of
Brandywines over 2lbs. Proof enough for me.

Byron

----------
From: ChuckWyatt/Md/Z7 <ChuckWyatt@compuserve.com>
To: INTERNET:Tomato@GlobalGarden.com
Subject: Re: [tomato] Tomato Digest V1 #154
Date: Saturday, February 27, 1999 1:08 PM

Hi Margaret,

>> I'm sorry, but since you're selling the product, this sounds a lot like
spam.<<

Like you, I am very skeptical about this new Bio whatever.  Tomatoes have
gotten along quite well in the past without it. There seems to besome new
flash in the pan every few years, doesn't there?

If someone wants to pay a recognized expert to grow plants with and without
this "miracle worker" I would like to see an INDEPENDANT review by an
uninterested source, NOT one of the garden rags with which we are beset.

Until that time, I remember tales of the days when bunko pedlers and snake
oil salesmen rode their wagons from town to town.

Good gardening,
Chuck Wyatt