Re: [tomato] Tomato Digest V1 #154

margaret lauterbach (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 12:23:52 -0700

At 10:30 AM 2/27/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Dear tomato growers,
>
>It sounds like this year we are going to have another great time sharing
>information (tongue-in-cheek).  Instead of asking 'how' for further
>clarification, we have the big put-down and attacking the messemger which
>shuts people up.  Most of us are not up to this behavior.
>
>There is a lot of independent research substantiating the effects of
>mycorrhiza and the advantages of augmenting what is already present in yourt
>soil.  You can find lots if information just by typing 'Mycorrhiza' in your
>'search' blank.  This would make for a much more enlightened discussion.
>
>Sincerely,
>Louis Mensing
>lmensing@rio.com

Whatever works for you is fine.  There are new gardeners on the list and
beginners who will ask people on this list what works for tomato growing.
I don't think it's fair to tell them that only this works, and this will
cost you XXX$.  I have run searches for mycorrhiza, and nearly all of the
sites that I've found are commercial sites selling it and talking it up.  I
guess I'll have to restrict my searches to .edu and see if there is any
independent source (not that university ag professors are necessarily
independent).  I would like to get info from someone who isn't profiting by
its sale.  I don't appreciate the nastiness here, either.  Margaret