Re: [tomato] Source for Eva Purple Bell?

margaret lauterbach (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Fri, 05 Mar 1999 14:23:38 -0700

At 03:19 PM 3/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Ooo, I'm *desperately* looking for a source for seeds for this kind of
>tomato!  Can anyone give me any idea, please?  My friends just
>had a baby girl who they named Eva Belle, and I thought this
>tomato would be great to grow and give to them!
>
>Thanx!
>
>Blessings,
>Kimberlee, Zone 5
>"It was only after their population of fifty mysteriously shrank
> to eight, that the other seven dwarfs began to suspect Hungry."

Very funny tag line, Kimberlee.  Sorry to be the bearer of semi-bad news,
but the tomato is called Eva Purple Ball.  It's supposedly a superior
tomato (I've grown it, but wasn't that impressed in one growing), so your
friends may love it anyway.  Call 1-888-478-7333 and ask Tomato Growers'
Supply co. for their free catalog.  Margaret L