RE: [tomato] Sweet 100's grown inside...

Orchid (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 20:25:31 -0400

Why do you have to Nuke soil from the outside, if you're not going to
transplant outside?  Why can't you use a nice potting mix and add your
BioVam Mycorrhiza?  All my container gardening are done with various kinds
of soiless mix.  My big container, and my verticle hanging sweet 100's are
turning ripe right now as we speak.  My Santa F 1 "grape" tomatoes are
starting to fruit the same way.  I keep them inside the screened in area of
the pool.  I'm also experimenting with big self watering containers back up
along my chain link fence.  The fence adds support like tomato cages.  I am
very anxious to see how my grape tomatoes do, I like the store bought kind,
and I'm sure the home vine ripened ones will be even better.  Despite all
the doom and gloom against Miracle-gro, I'm having quite a crop.  Of course,
I've also been using SuperThrive, so I can't just praise the Miracle-gro.  I
am going to go totally organic on the new raised garden bed, (which
hopefully I'm going to build one day), and also go organic in some of my
future containers.  I have not use insecticide on anything I've grown.
Gotta grow,  I mean go....

Peter, South Florida, Zone10