RE: [tomato] Couple more tomatoes - need info?

Terry King (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Thu, 13 May 1999 09:12:40 -0600

LOL.  Perhaps the catalog was supposed to say to 2 to 3 ounce fruit in 12 ounces
clusters?  Thanks for the info.  I'll get these seeds in soil asap.  I hope I have a better
germination rate than none.  I did find them on the Redwood City Seed website but
no description.  Where did you find the seeds Bill and Catharine?

On Wed, 12 May 1999 20:25:04 PDT, William McKay wrote:
>Catherine.  I thought I was the only person in the US growing PUSA Ruby
>(singular, you might note, since virtually none of them germinated), now I
>find out there are at least two others.  The description I got from the
>catalog said it was Indian & tasted good;  also said it had fruit ranging
>from 2-3 ounces to 12 or so ounces.  I had to see that to believe it.  Now
>you have dashed my hopes.
>
>Bill Mckay in E. Mass
>
>>Terry,
>>Pusa Ruby is a good tomato. It an open pollinated variety from India.
>>Indeterminate and early (about 60 days from transplant). The fruits are
>>very
>>uniform in size and have a good taste for an "early".
Terry King
taeking@endlesshealth.com
N.E. WA. USDA zone 4b, Sunset zone 1
Last frost day July 4th (most years), first frost usually the week of August 23rd.