Re: [tomato] Questions about soil

Tantrika (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Sat, 03 Jul 1999 12:23:26 -0700

Thanks Thomas, then I should be ok for a while.  I have all organic soil in
my beds and have addended them every year with Llama and aged horse manure,
as well as giving the plantlings fish emulsion when I plant them and
occassionally throughout the season and organic blooming boost now and then
and I mulch them as well.  The soil is filled with worms, so I guess that's
a good sign :)

maybe all I really need to do is plant cover crops in the beds during the
fall :)  I'll look into getting some mycorrhiza...I did find out about a
soil conditioner that has crabmeat and seaweed which reduces acidity and is
a good substitute for lime, as well as being a nutrient fixer...I don't
think I need it currently though as my soil is pretty good :).

I have the same problems with them being slow (except for the lettuce and
arurgula and chard that is) because of weird weather as well.

I was just wondering about potential *future* problems.

Thanks again!