Re: [tomato] Tomato Digest V1 #257

shameless@plainview.com (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Sun, 04 Jul 1999 15:41:21 -0500

>Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 23:01:37 EDT
>From: Shantihhh@aol.com
>Subject: [tomato] OT
>
>I am having some strange things happening in my garden this year.  My
>eggplants were looking great, then the largest plant had many of the leaves
>turn brown and crinkle up.  Some of my tomatoes have some brown and dry
>leaves as well.  My squash some are okay others when the fruit is about 3" or 4" long turn yellow from the end and start withering.  I don't know if it's the weather extremes of 107 deg F in the day to 60 deg F in the day and cool foggy and windy nights sometimes and other nights in the 70's.
>Any ideas?  I have never seen such a thing.
>Mary-Anne
>SF Bay Area
>Sunset 14/15

Mary-Anne,
I'm having the same problem here in West Texas. I've mulched, Used epsom salts, bone meal, you name it. I think it must be the heat or something. I'm about to throw my hands up and call it quits. I'm new to gardening but I'm thinking I may have to find a new hobby. One that is not as stressful. :)
If you find any answers please share them with me.
Thanks in advance,
Lace