RE: [tomato] Tomatoes

Orchid (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 19:25:49 -0400

Thomas,I have outlook 98 and it is in the "Enriched Text Mode".  Previously
it was in "word mode".  I also have the choice of "plain text" & "HTML".
That message was sent with different colored fonts, with center formatting.
Perhaps some email programs, or the server sent it as a separate attachment.
Either way, I understand the caution for opening attachments.  I use Norton
5.0 antivirus, updated weekly, and a second shareware virus program,
"F-prot" runs all the time.  I'm pretty well protected so I don't import or
export any viruses.

Speaking as such, anyone know any pro's and con's using pine straw or
cypress mulch in the tomato garden?  I remember seeing once that certain
mulches either added to the nutrient composition of the soil, while other's
supposedly depleted the soil (nitrogen I think).  I will be mulching shortly
for the South Florida Fall growing season.

I'm going to ask a stupid question.  Do you think that it advantagous to buy
earthworms and add it to a tomato garden to supplement the ones already
there?  Are the earthworms sold by the bait stores the same beneficial worms
that we use in the garden?  I was thinking (probably after I had a few
drinks) of buying a few dozen earthworms, cutting them in half, and adding
them to the mulched garden.  I figured, the more the merrier.  I TOLD YOU IT
WAS A STUPID QUESTION.

Pete, Zone 10, South Florida