Re: [tomato] All quiet?

Ron Hay (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Sat, 02 Oct 1999 07:27:38 -0700

Good morning, Bill,

Yes, it seems that way. I know, in my case, we have just harvested the
last of our tomatoes this week and will can another quart or two today.
And, after that, we shall carry out the sad duty of disposing of this
year's plants:(

It has not been a banner year in our corner of Southern California, owing
to the coolest summer since 1965, but we did manage to can 15 quarts, eat
a bunch in various yummy recipes from Bangalore to Boston, and, what is
fun for us, to give a bunch to friends and colleagues who either do not
garden or live in condos.

After the tomatoes there will be pole beans, broccoli, cauliflower,
brussel sprouts and cabbage, this rainy season.

Happy gardening,

Ron
Van Nuys, CA