Re: [tomato] TYLCV ??

margaret lauterbach (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 10:00:21 -0700

At 11:48 AM 12/16/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Margaret you are going to have to be a little more specific on this one.
>
>After I got the digest I used my favorite SE and came up empty.
>
>Went back to some notes from Tobacco Mosaci Virus.
>
>The following site is a cataloge of strains, All plant viruses are assigned
>and RNA number (similar concept DNA)
>
>http://www.gene.affrc.go.jp/micro/T_list/English/96_12_31/PVmaff.html
>
>If I read this site I do not find a TYLCV listed.
>
>Then I went to this site, which list all acronyms
>http://biology.anu.edu.au/research-groups/MES/vide/acrindex.htm
>
>I also have this statement from UC Davis about virus infections
>I can not get pictures, and statements to add up
>

>Virus Disease Basics
>http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/r280101411.html

Byron, in Pepper Diseases: A Field Guide published by the Asian Vegetable
Research and Development Center (compiled by Lowell L. Black, Sylvia K.
Green, Glen L. Hartman, and Jean M. Poulos), "chili leaf curl" is
identified as a whitefly-transmitted geminivirus. The occurrence of this
disease has been reported in India and Sri Lanka, but little is known about
it. "It has been assumed to be a strain of the tobacco leaf curl virus
based on its transmission by the whitefly, Bemisia tabaci, to tobacco and
tomato and its symptoms in those hosts."

Margaret L