RE: [tomato] TASTY tomato

Catharine Vinson (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 10:15:21 -0500

There are lots of good sources for tomatoes on the web. One of my
favorites (and has the most listings -- 400 for 2000; I just got my
printed catalog and am drooling!) is "Pomodori di Marianne". She's an
experienced seed saver in Tennessee and grows out 100% of her varieties
organically--and in sufficient quantity for each vareity to promote
genetic diversity in her population. The emphasis is on flavor, (great
paste varieties) and she brings a cook's tastebuds to her evaluations. I
have been very satisfied with the seed I have bought from her. (I have
no commercial interest, etc., etc., -- just a happy buyer who thinks she
should be better known by the online community of tomato "nuts"!). Her
address is: http://home.earthlink.net/~pomodoridimarianna/catalog.html

Catharine/Atlanta, zone 7b

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-tomato@GlobalGarden.com
[mailto:owner-tomato@GlobalGarden.com]On Behalf Of Rose Marie Miller
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2000 9:41 AM
To: tomato-digest@GlobalGarden.com
Subject: [tomato] TASTY tomato

> what type of TASTY tomatoes to try to grow.  I've heard of one
> called'Tommy Toe', which I'll give a try, but I fancy growing some
> 'heirlooms. Any ideas?

I was really impressed with CASPIAN PINK tomato last season. I had
disease problems (could have been my soil or infected seed) but I
noticed that most of the major seed companies are carrying it this
year...I'm going to try again...it is BIG and full of flavor. Don't know
how it will do in Perth?????