RE: [tomato] Worms

Pete (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 10:37:21 -0500

Hi Byron, as I stated before, I'm not using Miracle-gro anymore.  As far as
acidic soil, since I'm using pine straw, I'm sure thats the case as well.

Has anyone used the PH meters that sell for about 20 bucks in the stores?
Are they reasonable accurate?

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-tomato@GlobalGarden.com
[mailto:owner-tomato@GlobalGarden.com]On Behalf Of Byron Bromley
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2000 8:31 AM
To: tomato@GlobalGarden.com
Subject: [tomato] Worms

Pete

On thing that no one else has pointed out, Worms also like a very slightly
acidic soil, pH between 6.0 and 7.0. There has to be organic material for
them to work on and some moisture.

Mirical gro and other high nitrogen/phosphate fertilizers burns them and
they will move on.
Even excessive coffee grounds are too acidic.

Byron