Re: [tomato] Variety

margaret lauterbach (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 07:39:30 -0600

At 06:41 PM 4/29/2000 EDT, you wrote:
>Gelbe  Balkon is a hard one to find.
>
>I remembered, though, where I have seen it.  Go to Germany and you will see
>them.
>
>Here is a photo of it if you want to review the variety .
>http://members.tripod.de/rkraft/gelbebalkon.jpg
>
>If you can't get there.....go to reinhards tomaten....go to
>fotogalerie...then click on whichever variety that you want to see.  If you
>go there you will also see some of my creations; Green Grape, Greenwich,
>Green Bell Pepper, Green Zebra, Elberta Girl, Banana Legs, Schimmeig Creg,
>Schimmeig Striped (Stoo), etc.
>
>Tom Wagner

I'm growing your Schimmeig Creg this year, Tom. I have also grown Green
Grape (I was very put off by the color, unfortunately), Green Zebra
(excellent flavor) and Banana Legs. I love Banana Legs, and a friend
started a nursery business, so I talked her into carrying Banana Legs.
Since she usually gave a free plant with a fairly big order, she started
giving out Banana Legs plants to those who had children. Big hit, and the
kids were excited about having their own unusual tomato plant...Great idea!
I'll have to try your others too.  Thanks for your efforts. Sincerely,
Margaret L