Re: [tomato] Spoon variety (Park's) [was re: Tomato Digest V1 #384]

Betsy & Wigi Tozzi (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 05:14:00 -0800 (AKDT)

Dear all,

Doreen is correct.  "Spoon" is a tiny cherry tomato variety currently sold
by Park Seed company.  The information regarding this variety can be found
at this URL:
http://www.parkseed.pointshop.com/IBS/SimpleCat/Product/asp/product-id/4058.html

Spoon is a tiny red fruited tomato that is not the same as Silvery Fir
Tree.  I suspect the reason that Gene jumped at that possibility is that
Silvery Fir Tree (SFT) has fern-like/carrot-top foliage.  But the fruit
sizes and descriptions of the two varieties make them sound otherwise VERY
different.

guessing that Spoon may be open-pollinated and the seed may be worth
saving and growing out next year.  Rose, if you don't know how to save
tomato seed, may of this list's readers can help you, so let us know.

Betsy
Fairbanks, Alaska

Rose wrote:
> >GENE....can you point me to a source for "Silvery Fir" so I can check it
> out??  I'm assuming it is a hybrid????

Gene had written in response to Rose's initial request re: ID of "spoon":