Re: [tomato] Yellow Pear Tomato Problem

Betsy & Wigi Tozzi (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 16:22:20 -0800 (AKDT)

Olie wrote:
> The two Yellow Pear Tomato plants in my garden are showing sign of yellowing
> leaves.  Beginning from the bottom of the two plants the leaves are
> beginning to turn yellow.

Olie,
A few questions -- what have you been feeding your plants, are they
outdoors or in a greenhouse, and what sort of weather and watering are
they experiencing?  Are your other varieties heirloom/OP's or hybrids?
What is your geographical location?

My yellow pears seem a bit more susceptible to chills and abundant rain
than my other varieties, so they may just be more vulnerable to yellowing.
Here's hoping it's an environmental/nutrient issue and not a disease
problem.

Betsy
Fairbanks, Alaska