Re: [tomato] squirrels

Richard Yarnell (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 13:03:45 -0700 (PDT)

On reflection, I probably should have said don't eat the brains.  But the
only place I've seen reports of folks contracting prion disease came from
the American South (KY in particular).  Prion disease is the spongeform
disease of the brain commonly called "mad cow" disease.  It causes
dementia in humans.

On Sat, 22 Jul 2000, Karen H wrote:

> in the south.
>
> Ok, I'll bite :)))  Not that I was planning to anyway but I have to
> know....Why can't you eat the brains in the South???
> Karen

Richard Yarnell, SHAMBLES WORKSHOPS | No gimmick we try, no "scientific"
Beavercreek, OR. Makers of fine     | fix we attempt, will save our planet
Wooden Canoes, The Stack(R) urban   | until we reduce the population. Let's
composter, fly tying benches        | leave our kids a decent place to live.