Re: [tomato] Yellowing leaves -- does EVERYONE have earlyblight?

Betsy Lasarow Tozzi (Tomato@GlobalGarden.com)
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 19:38:16 -0800 (AKDT)

I'd actually think the red plastic mulch would help keep the soil splash
down -- certainly is reputed to be the case for IRT, clear, and planter's
paper mulches.  I'm under the impression you're using SRM-Red or Red
Tomato Booster red plastic sheeting.  The disadvantages I have heard of
for the red plasic are 1) that it allows weed growth underneath and 2) it
doesn't allow vapor/water passage.

Betsy