RE: [gardeners] Be's We Running Yet?

Wed, 17 Sep 1997 13:16:06 -0500 (CDT)

At 12:28 PM 9/17/97 -0400, you wrote:
>At 10:52 AM 9/17/97 -0500, George Shirley wrote:
>>>red
>>>come in as
>>>put the

>>>George, didn't you mention on another list somewhere about the
>>>capsicum in chiles for arthritis.  When I was messing with the
>>>Sandia and Ancho chiles last nite, I didn't think they were that
>>>hot so I didn't use any thing to protect my hands.  Well I did get
>>>a little heat on one hand.  Now, my fingers will get stiff, from
>>>arthritis, no pain yet, just stiff.  Well, I noticed that when I
>>>went to make a fist with the "heat" hand, I could bend the fingers
>>>more than on the other hand.
>>>
>>>Maybe I should rub some chiles on my back. :)
>>>
>>>Lillian
>>>
>>Yup, supposed to be good for arthritic joints on us older folk and helps
>>with diabetic neuropathy of the feet and legs. There are several brands
>>available at the drugstores but I want to try using chili's ground into a
>>fine powder and mixed with vaseline or some other carrier. Might try aloe
>>vera gel and see how that works with micro-fine chili powder in it. If I use
>>the chili powder I will grind seeds, placenta and the meat of the pepper to
>>get maximum efficacy. Be sure you don't touch your eyelids or other delicate
>>parts with the peppers or you will definitely be running for the crick. <BG>
>>
>>George
>
>George, haven't you been doing this for awhile?  No report yet?  Lucinda

I have noticed some relief from the neuropathy and possibly some arthritis
relief too. Feet and legs aren't "burning" any more from the neuropathy and
the arthritis pain has dissipated enough I can walk without a cane again.
Sigh, too bad, as I thought I looked quite dapper with my galluses and my
carved cane. <BG>

George