RE: [gardeners] Source for 4" pots

Catharine Vinson (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 20:17:05 +0000

Liz wrote:

> I guess we're all still looking for the perfect container and the
> perfect medium to fill it with.

Amen. One of the things I meant to try last Spring was those accordian
folded paper pots...Gardener's Supply had them and I ordered some, but
never got around to using them. They look like they could be a neat way to
grow on a bunch of seedlings for later transplanting to garden. As I
remember they were really cheap...much less than even cell packs (which I
hate). And, no plastic to dispose of. Overall, I do like the Kord pots
(mfg. in Canada, so probably a lot cheaper in Idaho than in Georgia). They
last for years and are slick-sided so it's easy to sterilize 'em between
"crops".

Catharine