Re: [gardeners] Mildew

Terry King (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 07 Oct 97 21:54:38 -0700

Hi Ethel from the sunny US Okanogan!

I'm just south of Midway, BC if you know where that is or 30 miles SW of
Grand Forks.

We started to have a light coating of mildew on the wild roses and snow
berries but the leaves are dropping for fall now.  A solution of 1 tsp baking
soda to 1 quart of water and up to 1 tsp liquid dish soap sprayed regularly can
help control mildew and black spot.

I also read that regular washing of the leaves will help but to do it so they can
be dry before the cool night air.

I hope you find this helpful.

On Tue, 07 Oct 1997 18:52:51 +0100, Ethel Dover wrote:

>Hello to all in our group.  I'm a newcomer from the Sunny Okanagan of
>B.C., Zone 5, but we haven't been as sunny this summer as usual.  More
>rain and cool weather has caused some problems such as powdery mildew on
>some plants.  It looks like it could almost cause their demise.
>	Has anyone else had this problem this summer?  Or has the group any
>suggestions on how to cure this plant malady?
>--
>   Ethel Dover          |  edover@junction.net
>   6284 Osprey Road.,   |
>   Vernon, BC  Canada   |
>   V1H 1M7              |

Terry King                  North Central Eastern Washington
taeking@televar.com        USDA zone 4, Sunset Zone 1