Re: [gardeners] The End Is Near

Barfy Dog (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 12:15:13

Margaret,
	Here in L.A., we all receive 3 trash containers, a small yellow for glass
and cans, a green one for garden debris and a black for everything else.
Extra containers are charged at a monthly fee. If you have more than the
containers will hold and don't want to pay, you're SOL. (Or you can
accidently expose yourself as I did one morning and now they take anything
form me but that's a whole other story.<g>)
	A few blocks from me is a maple tree lined street. The folks that live
there either want the city to remove the trees (they don't understand how
much cooler their houses stay in summer because of those trees) or give
them an extra green container for the leaves in the fall at no charge. The
city won't do either. Do you have any idea how happy they are to see me
come and collect their leaves?
	Marcelle
	rumncola@earthlink.net
	zone 9/10 22/23