Re: [gardeners] The End Is Near

jaime (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 18:19:42 -0400

Liz Albrook wrote:

> I sure hope your Momma raised you right, i.e. afraid to go outside
> without your undies on.  :-)

She did indeed raise me right.  Unfortunately, I never was very
good at minding her.  :\   I do believe I mentioned to Margaret
that these could also be called moonflowers.  <VBG>

What I did discover after this episode is that _all_ my
neighbors watch my garden in the morning.  I nearly always go
out very early in a longish t-shirt, I nearly never can remember
I've got nothing else on and I never ever can resist deadheading
or pulling weeds.  (I adore that snicking sound when you
pull the whole weed.)  Since my knees are lousy, I have no
choice but to bend from the waist.

I had no idea I was providing daily entertainment for the
neighbors.  Now I know why Rachel mentioned that I'd lost so
much weight a couple of months ago.  I didn't think she'd seen
me since she returned from Florida.  Heh.

Jaime, who is red-faced & grinning but will most likely forget
all about this embarassment by the time that first warm spring
morning comes around again.